Welcome to Faculty Innovation in Teaching
CII's Division for Faculty Innovation
Beginning in the Fall of 2009, the Center for Instructional Innovation began a focused initiative to provide faculty with expanded support services in the area of teaching innovation. A plan was approved by the Faculty Senate and Academic Affairs for the Center to house two faculty fellowships to help launch and sustain the initiative. In the Spring of 2010, Dr. Kayla Peak and Dr. Chris Guthrie joined the effort as faculty fellows. Today, faculty fellows are nominated by Deans based on meritorious service to the university.
Guiding principles of the Faculty Innovation in Teaching initiative:
- Faculty will determine/drive the value of our services, thus, if it’s not working, we will change it.
- The Center must remain a place that is trusted by faculty, thus all services will be offered on a voluntary basis.
Types of services provided through the initiative:
- Faculty First Year Program
- Faculty Roundtables
- Faculty Learning Communities or Cohorts
- Instructional Mentoring
- Faculty Research Partnerships
- Faculty Event Offerings/Promotions
The Last Lecture Series with Dr. Chris Guthrie - Video Available Here