Online Instructional Support Services
What we do
Our team is excited about serving faculty in both technical support and instructional design for online courses and face-to-face course components within the Blackboard system and in using other ancillary tools such as Collaborate, Turnitin, Respondus, Softchalk, and Chalk & Wire. We also serve as the primary support service for students using these instructional tools during their academic careers.
Use the menu to the left to log-in to the Blackboard system, find out more about our team, and to find a complete listing of online courses and programs offered at TSU.
Our helpdesk is available to answer any questions related to online instructional tools at Tarleton State University. Our phone number is 254-968-1960 or Toll-Free 1-866-744-8900 - Option 3. Our normal hours are Monday - Thursday (8am-10pm), Friday (8am-8pm), Saturday & Sunday (2pm-10pm).
We welcome your feedback and questions. If there is something you would like to know how to do or have an interest in, do not hesitate to contact us!
Instructional Software We Support
- Blackboard - Blackboard is the the online Learning Management System (LMS) of Tarleton State University. Blackboard enables faculty to provide content, assignments, quizzes, live chat sessions, discussion boards, an internal e-mail system, announcements, and the grade book.
- Chalk & Wire - Chalk & Wire is a Program Assessment System that allows department heads and faculty to evaluate student learning outcomes specific to an academic program AND cumulatively showcase student's work throughout their academic career in a portable web-based format that can be taken with them after graduation.
- Respondus - This Testbank Generation Software allows faculty to create and manage exams that can be either printed to paper and/or published directly into Blackboard. Other options faculty have for testbanks include using available publisher resources. Give us a call if you would like us to import publisher or self-created testbanks into Blackboard.
- Softchalk - This Content Creation Software allows faculty to create text-based content with interactive learning games (i.e. customizable flashcards, image labeling, image hotspot activities, matching games, crosswords, and pop-up text annotations and more) without any HTML or programming knowledge necessary. Softchalk lessons can be imported an showcased within any Blackboard course.
- TurnItIn - This Plagiarism Deterrent Software acts as a learning tool for students to understand the importance of using sources and citations. TurnItIn can promote originality in student work, improve student's writing and research skills, and save valuable instructor time.
- Instructional Software License Codes (password required)
Help Desk Services
- Technical Issues with Blackboard
- Online Component Requests
- How Do I... Questions
- Turnitin.com Questions
- Respondus Questions
- Chalk & Wire Questions
- Testbank Imports