Online Instructional Support Services
Help Wanted @ Our Support Desk!
Student Technician Needed @ Blackboard Helpdesk - Call Center:
- We are looking for students that have experience using Blackboard and are interested in providing technical support to Tarleton's faculty and students
- To become a student technician at the Blackboard Helpdesk:
- You must have technology related knowledge and be a quick learner
- Have excellent communication skills: in person, on the phone, and in written emails
- Must be able to function in a busy environment.
- Prior experience working in an office environment is preferred.
- Work up to 20 hours per week during helpdesk hours:
- Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- You must be able to work night shift(s) and a weekend shift..... and during the Summer.
- The helpdesk is open year-round and during semester breaks.
- Great work experience and an excellent opportunity to put on a resume.
Job Duties Include:
- Providing call, email, remote desktop, and walk-in technical support to students & faculty using Blackboard, Chalk & Wire, and Collaborate Systems
- Maintain daily log of assistance provided by the helpdesk to faculty and students.
- Completing testbank requests for Faculty
- May represent Blackboard at the Tech Spot - Library Learning Commons
- Other duties as assigned by OISS Staff
Interested in Applying / Who to Contact:
If you are interesting in applying, please submit the following information to Mr. Isaac Belcher (email@example.com) or drop off to Ms. Elsa Deleon at the Center for Instructional Innovation Office - Dick Smith Library (across from the Fine Arts Center)
- your resume
- a completed Student Technician Application (complete and save the file)
- your current (and future, if available) Class Schedule
We will continue to take applications until all available positions are filled. Once a round of applications has been reviewed, selected candidates will be contacted with details for 2nd phase of the application process.