Online Instructional Support Services
Help Wanted @ Our Support Desk!
Student Technician Needed @ Blackboard Helpdesk - Call Center:
- We are looking for students that have experience using Blackboard and are interested in providing technical support to Tarleton's faculty and students
- To become a student technician at the Blackboard Helpdesk:
- You must have technology related knowledge and be a quick learner
- Have excellent communication skills: in person, on the phone, and in written emails
- Must be able to function in a busy environment.
- Prior experience working in an office environment is preferred.
- Work up to 20 hours per week during helpdesk hours:
- Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- You must be able to work night shift(s) and a weekend shift..... and during the Summer.
- The helpdesk is open year-round and during semester breaks.
- Great work experience and an excellent opportunity to put on a resume.
Job Duties Include:
- Providing call, email, remote desktop, and walk-in technical support to students & faculty using Blackboard, Chalk & Wire, and Collaborate Systems
- Maintain daily log of assistance provided by the helpdesk to faculty and students.
- Completing testbank requests for Faculty
- May represent Blackboard at the Tech Spot - Library Learning Commons
- Other duties as assigned by OISS Staff
Interested in Applying / Who to Contact:
If you are interesting in applying, please submit the following information to Mr. Isaac Belcher (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop off to Ms. Elsa Deleon at the Center for Instructional Innovation Office - Dick Smith Library (across from the Fine Arts Center)
- your resume
- a completed Student Technician Application (complete and save the file)
- your current (and future, if available) Class Schedule
First Priority will be given to applications submitted before Thursday, March 24th. Once all applications are reviewed, selected candidates will be contacted with details for 2nd phase of the application process.