Technology Enhanced Classrooms
What instructional equipment can I expect to see in a standard technology enhanced classroom?
- Ceiling-mounted Projector
- DVD/VHS Combon Player
- Document Camera (in most classrooms but not all)
- Extron Room Control Panel (for turning on the projector and switching between your devices)
- Smartboard and/or Sympodium (in most classrooms but not all)
How can I see the locations of technology enhanced classrooms?
Technology-Enhanced Classroom Training Videos
How do I use the equipment in a technology-enhanced classroom
We have started developing training videos for using our technology-enhanced classrooms. As we develop more videos, the list below with grow based on common questions you have.
For additional training, you can contact Doug Hanna at 254-968-9307.
Open Access Computer Labs
What open access computer labs are available for my students to use?
What hours are the Open Access Labs available for use?
|Fall & Spring|
|07:30 AM - 7:30 PM
07:30 AM - 05:00 PM
|07:30 AM - 12:00 AM
07:30 AM - 05:00 PM
12:00 PM - 05:00 PM
2:00 PM - 12:00 PM
|MATH 226||M-F||07:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
07:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Instructional Computer Labs
How can I reserve a computer lab for my class?
After the 12th class day, we can help you reserve an instructional lab. To reserve a lab for your class after the semester begins or for scheduling ad-hoc meetings, contact us at 254.968.1934. We book university labs on a first-come-first-serve basis, giving priority for academic use. Confirmation of the reservation will be provided by a notification from the AdAstra Schedule Request System. Plan ahead. Please notify your college tech when your needs include additional software or special needs.
Software and Operating System Upgrades
What software upgrades can we expect in 2013-2014
- Adobe Creative Cloud Master Collection Windows & Mac
- ArcGIS 10
- Autodesk 2015
- Autodesk Creative Solutions 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Mathematica 8.1
- Gerber Technologies Accumark 8.1.4 (WGYM 105, WGYM 165)
- IBM SPSS 22
- Microsoft Visio 2013
- Microsoft Project 2013
- Quickbooks 2014 Premiere
As always, we will continue to do our yearly upgrades for other common software like we have always done in the past, barring any funding problems.
Classroom and Lab Support Services - Helpdesk
Is there a central phone number I can call to get help while I'm in a technology enhanced classroom or computer lab?
Who is my "College-Level Tech?"
|College / Location||Tech||Phone Number|
|ITV & Room Design||Karl Easterling||254-968-9059|
|COLFA (OAG & FA)||Matthew Mills||254-968-9407|
|COE (Howell, Autry, Ag Off-campus)||Will Smith||254-968-9943|
|COBA & HYEG & WGYM||Robert Lewis||254-968-9874|
|COST (Science, Nursing, Rec Sports, Athletics)||Dewayne Harvey||254-968-0790|
|COST (Math & ET)||Jason Smith||254-968-9303|
|COST (Nursing Simulation Support)||Landon Lamb||254-968-9502|
|Ft. Worth Metroplex||Mark Davis||817-717-3325|
Where can I get a poster printed?
- Dr. Pfau: Posters for Research Faculty and Student Presentations/Symposia Events ONLY – student’s class work is not included in the scope (Math 318)
- CII: Posters for Instructional Use for Faculty & Internal Use ONLY
- Student Activities: Posters and Promotional Materials for Student Organizations ONLY
- STAPLES: Students, Departments, Offices, essentially everything except Posters for Research (Pfau) and Instruction (CII). Staples has an ONLINE PRINTING SERVICE that allows you to upload your poster file and select the store where you will pick it up. Costs are generally $8-$10.