Classroom & Lab Support Services
What We Do
Our team of nine Technology Support Specialists is charged with supporting the instructional technology needs of the University and each college's faculty and students. Each college-level tech has a keen awareness and the skill sets to support instructional technology at the classroom and computer lab level, supporting hardware, Smartroom technologies (including audio/video), and software applications vital to faculty teaching and student learning. The team supports and maintains:
- Enterprise-wide solutions for A/V room control (Extron Global Viewer), Pharos Uniprint, Client Management & Deployment (Symantec Altiris), Apple Xserver, and Active Directory Domain Control
- over 1000 workstations (PCs and MACs)
- 165 technology-enhanced classrooms at Tarleton
- Over 35 computer labs (including 3 open access labs)
- 5 ITV facilities
- Tricaster Broadcast Studio
- Instructional software that, in most cases, can be accessed across campus
- Nursing simulation equipment, including 7 simulators, 20 skills beds, scenario applications, and debriefing applications in new Nursing Building
We are also tasked with funding and replacing end-of-life equipment in all our managed facilities, including projectors, document cameras, video players, scalers, Smart Sympodiums, Smartboards, and so on. We strive to keep your instructional equipment up-to-date and current while repurposing any equipment we can to get the best returns on our investments in instructional technologies.
We hope you'll find the CLSS section of the CII website to be a useful and relevant resource for finding out about the latest news and information, classroom and lab technology available to you, information about our open access labs for students, information about our ITV rooms and connections, as well as Frequently Asked Questions.
Have a question or problem? Call us from any classroom or lab on campus!
You can also use the Computer Helpdesk Ticket Request System.