What is an Interactive Floor Plan
The Interactive Floor Plan is an inexpensive tool designed by you which can be used for the planning and response to any major incident at a facility. The Interactive Floor Plan removes the problem of responders going blindly into your facility without any idea of how the buildings are laid out. The Interactive Floor Plan provides anyone you authorize with the ability to visually see the facility before going in which can enhance their response capability and safety.
Where did the Interactive Floor Plan come from?
- Interactive Floor Plan (IFP) is not a new tool.
- Several versions are available through for-profit agencies by private contract.
- IFPs are being used around the world to enhance security.
- The present IFP model was developed by the Pikes Peak Community College Police Department with the goals of:
- Creating a fully interactive IFP utilizing .pdf files.
- Completing the IFP internally and on a limited budget.
- IFPs are used by assisting agencies to respond to campus emergencies providing responders with details on the educational facility's floor plan.