Goal of Security
The Security System
Outer ring of the slide:
- The explanation shows the relationship of having the protected assets, students, and staff at your facility on site during and throughout an incident. (Some or all of these know what is on site).
- Front-Line responders are the asset in place at the time of an incident. They are not trained first responders; they are observers, victims, and users of the space on site. (For many, this may be their first visite to your site).
- First responders are trained personnel responding to run the operation or assist on an incident.
- NGO's are non-government organizations that normally volunteer to assist in the incident. (Red Cross, Mobile canteen, Wal-Mart etc.)
Center of the slide:
- Portrays the utility of the threat assessment assisting security or a police department in preventing incidents and protecting the critical assets.
- Security, or a police department, has the duty to manage the activity and respond on site before, during, and after an incident.
- Before, or following, an incident security has the task of evaluating, or reevaluating, the emergency response and fixing any identified failures.